Snow White Cologne is a visual poem, post-rationalizing the struggle and recovery of my younger sister’s drug addiction. There’s love and loss, good and bad. The film tackles the difficult subject ‘drug addiction’ in a poetic and emotional manner rather than giving the viewer straight facts about the problematics of the disease.
- Directed by: Amanda Eliasson
- Country: Other, 2017
- Time: 6:20m
- Type: Hand painted frame by frame on paper
- Production: Amanda Eliasson
- Animation: Amanda Eliasson, Cheng Hsu-Chung, Caibei Cai
- Company: Royal College of Art
Amanda Eliasson (b.1990) is a Swedish animation director who recently graduated with an MA in animation from the Royal College of Art, London. Now she’s working as a freelance animation director in the UK.
“I would say my style is playful and naive in contrast to the difficult social subjects I address in my films”.