Having been able to celebrate the festival’s 25th anniversary with a record-breaking edition and many outstanding guests last autumn, we are excited to start preparing for Fredrikstad Animation Festival 2020, to be held from 22 to 26 October 2020.
As many festivals around the globe are being moved online or canceled altogether in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, uncertainty is widespread among filmmakers, organisers and audiences alike, and will likely remain an inconvenient factor during the coming months. We are optimistic about things turning to the better soon, but will of course continue to monitor the situation closely and make adjustments to our planning as they become necessary.
One thing, however, is certain:
True to tradition, FAF 2020 will present the best and latest within Nordic-Baltic and international animation, and provide plenty of exciting experiences for all lovers of animation this October – be it live and in person as usual or through some other means.
Here are some important festival dates to mark in your calendar:
- 1 May: Submission for the Nordic-Baltic competition programme opens for the categories of:
- Short film
- Student film
- Commissioned films (TV productions, music videos, commercials and educational content)
- Feature film
- 1 July: Submission deadline for short films, student films and commissioned films. The selected films will be announced towards the end of July.
- 7 August: Submission deadline for feature films. The selected films will be announced in late August.
- 23 September: Programme release and single ticket sales
- 22 October: Festival start
We would like to wish everybody sound health and best of luck in these challenging times, and are looking forward to providing you with further updates over the coming weeks and months!
For now, we leave you with this recap video from FAF 2019: